If you guys really know my husband you'll know that if he hears the word chicken and hot buffalo sauce then he will be there in the blink of an eye. He LOVES his spicy buffalo wings. I figured this would be a good superbowl food as well. Don't you agree?? :) I also made my Oreo Pie and Nutella fruit dip. Both of which are already posted here on my website :)
Supreme Buffalo Nachos
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jaime Cooks it up
4-5 C tortilla chips (several big handfuls)
2 C shredded Rotisserie chicken
2-3 T Franks Red Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce
2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
1 C celery, chopped
Blue Cheese Salad Dressing (Lighthouse brand works best)
1. Spread several large handfuls of tortilla chips out over a large cookie sheet, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unwrap your rotisserie chicken extraordinaire. Shred about 2 cups of the chicken up with a couple of forks.
3. Give thanks for this spicy wing sauce found at grocery stores everywhere. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of sauce over the top of your chicken. Be careful if you are super sensitive to spicy food. Just use a little if you don't like a lot of heat.
4. Toss it all together, making sure all of the chicken is covered.
5. Sprinkle about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the tortilla chips. Toss that pretty little pan into the oven and let the cheese get all melted and just a bit bubbly. Watch it close. You don't want it to get overly cooked. Then you'll have dry chips, and crusty cheese. Not a good combination, true?
6. While the chips are busy in the oven, cover the plate of chicken with plastic wrap and microwave it for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken and sauce are steaming hot.
6. Remove the pan of cheesy chips from the oven and carefully spoon the chicken out evenly over the chips.
7. Add the chopped celery.
8. Drizzle a bit of Blue Cheese dressing here and there over the chips and serve while the chicken and cheese are still warm.