Monday, October 15, 2012

Cheesy Broccoli Orzo


This is a delicious side dish.  Goes great with chicken!  When I made this I didn't have plain cheddar cheese.  I had the huge Costco mix of cheddar and monterey jack.  It still turned out great, but I think it would have been better with sharp cheddar cheese.  I will definitely be using it next time.  Also, I followed the directions on the box of orzo.  The three minutes was not long enough for the kind of pasta I bought. Anyway, ENJOY!  PS- sorry it's been a while :)


Cheesy Broccoli Orzo

Iowagirleats
Serves 3-4
Ingredients:
1 cup orzo
1-1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4-1/2 cup 2% milk
salt
Directions:
Add orzo to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes then add chopped broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes, or until orzo is tender. Drain well (broccoli florets are notorious for holding onto water) then return to the pot. Add cheeses, butter, and 1/4 cup milk then stir well and add more milk if needed. Season with salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...