Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Every time I make a bread it ALWAYS ends up sunken in the middle because I pull it out when it looks done and 2 hours later I see that it wasn't. Well, this bread was different. I put it in for the amount of time the recipe says (like I normally do) and it actually came out PERFECT. I did add just a little bit more chocolate chips than it calls for because you can never have too much chocolate right? :) ENJOY!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
My Baking Addiction

Ingredients

3 cups white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) grease and flour three 9×5 inch loaf pans. (I used 2 9×5 loaf pans and 4 mini pans)
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, vanilla and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...