Cinnamon Roll Bread
Recipe and Photo from Center Cut Cook
Prep Time: 10mn
Cook Time: 50mn
Total Time: 1hr
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg - room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk - I used 1%
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pre-heat our oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bread pan (about 9x5 inches) by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greasing it with butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, vanilla extract and yogurt or sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. You can use a large wooden spoon for this if you wish, no mixer is required.
- In a small bowl combine swirl ingredients together - 1/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons water. Use a tablespoon to drop spoonfuls of this mixture over the bread, then use a knife to make swirl designs to incorporate the cinnamon mixture into the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze ingredients by combining 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon milk.
- Remove the bread from the pan and allow it to continue cooling completely.
- When the bread has completely cooled, pour the glaze over the top and serve.