Thursday, August 18, 2011

Banana Bread

Have you found a favorite banana bread yet? Well if you haven't, try this one and if you have... you will change your mind. My cousin Lindsey gave me this recipe and it is incredible. My husband gobbled the whole thing up. You know anything is good if it has sour cream in it so here you go! Oh... and I would half this. I started making this in my kitchen aid and before I even got to the dry ingredients it was full. This recipe makes 3-4 loafs.



BANANA BREAD

1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Spray pans with pam. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...