Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Robin's White Chicken Chili


A few weeks ago my hygiene class had a potluck and a classmate of mine brought this and everyone fell in love. By the time I got through the line there wasn't any left, but I kept hearing everyone raving about it so I HAD to get the recipe from her. It was a huge hit and will definitely be made in the Pedersen house again. :) PS- sorry the picture isn't the best. I just snapped a picture with my phone before I dug in!




White Chicken Chili

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp diced jalepenos
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 cans small white beans
2 cans great northern beans
3 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes

1 can diced tomatoes
3 stalks celery, sliced

1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 cup jack cheese
8 oz sour cream

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and toss in taco seasoning. Grill with onion, jalepenos, and garlic until done. Add all spices.
beans, water, celery and bouillion. Place on stove and cover and simmer until celery is soft.

Add tomatoes and cilantro and simmer 10 minutes more. Add cheese and sour cream right before serving. It's the best served with homeade rolls!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I made it to the Pedersen blog! I love your blog Liz :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...